Mission 25:40 for 2016-17
Over the last eleven years, FMCS students have all been involved in making a difference here is Southwest Florida and throughout the world! We call this program, Mission 25:40!
Our annual assembly was held on Wednesday, October 26th in the Children’s Center Chapel.
Each grade is committed to making an impact in each of these areas:
– Preschool – Pajama Project – Pajamas, story books and various items for children in foster care. They will be collecting items this spring.
– Kindergarten: Dragonfly Dreams in memory of Joe Weber – fighting against childhood cancer and Caleb’s Crusade.
– The first grade Salvation Army canned food drive brought over 500 items! They also provide other items during the year.
– Second grade: the Nahuel family headed to Italy for missions work and Big Rig Truck helping provide books for underprivileged children!
– Third grade will be working BGMC and “placemats for prisoners”!
– Fourth grade supports Ronald McDonald House! They collect the tear off tops from soda cans during the year.
– Fifth grade works with Midwest Food Bank
– Sixth and Seventh grade girls: Teen Challenge Girls Romania
– Sixth and seventh grade boys: prayer and encouragement to law enforcement in the Lee County area
– All Middle School: complete 10 hours of community service in SW Florida; they will total over 400 hours combined!
– Seventh grade writes letters of encouragement to believers around the world and complete 20 hours of community service in SW Florida.
– A new team of 8th graders, parents and staff prepare for their missions trip this spring to El Salvador in April of 2017. Important Dates 2017
For the 2017 team: King’s Castle Needs List 2017 and WHAT TO BRING ON THE MISSIONS TRIP
Finally, we also kicked-off Operation Christmas Child – we are once again partnering with First Assembly of God this year! Check out this testimony – one of our parents who was a 13 year old in Lebanon when she received her shoebox!