FMCS Receives $25,000 Technology Grant
Praise Report!! Views On Learning has awarded FMCS a $25,864 technology grant to upgrade the technology in our Children’s Center for grades PK3-5th!
The grant presented will allow us:
- To complete adding flat screen TV’s to all remaining classrooms in PK-5th grade
- Apple TV units, HDMI cable and the TV/Apple TV brackets for the wall
- The Airwatch Device Management system for every iPad
- A charging cart that will be placed in the Computer Lab, the lab will be converted from a desktop lab to a iPad lab
- A set of iPads (iPad Air 2) for the cart that will allow for one iPad per student when they are in the lab
- All remaining teachers now in PK-5 will be issued a school leased iPad to use in the classroom. With the flatscreen/apple TV’s, you will be able to project wirelessly to their TV!
- Each iPad will have a protective case
The grant was awarded to FMCS by Views on Learning, Inc. (VOL), a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational philanthropic organization that holds FCC Educational Broadband Service licenses in 24 markets across the United States and is based in Mishawaka, IN. Views on Learning, Inc. was established to provide Educational Broadband Service (EBS) schools with distance education opportunities and wireless internet access to improve student learning.
In addition, FMCS will also receive mobile hotspots (included at no charge) to access the EBS wireless Internet spectrum. Additionally, FMCS will be granted access to our Lifesize Cloud® video conferencing system.
Many thanks to Views On Learning and our awesome IT staff!