PTF (Parent-teacher Fellowship) is now PARENT UNIVERSITY at FMCS! (Yes, the initials are “PU,” as in “that smells” – sometimes it “stinks” to be a parent, but the blessings are more than worth it.) Parent University will provide the chance for you to:
- Become involved in your child’s education by volunteering! Research shows that such involvement causes children to behave better, earn higher grades, score better on tests and graduate at higher rates. Every responsibility is just as important as the next – no job is too small! We all work together to help this “body” become a strong Christian School. (I Corinthians 12:12) Our parents are instrumental in providing supplies and equipment for our students and teachers through fundraisers: auction, Christmas Store, Box Tops, Used Uniform Store, and the Boosterthon.
- Have access to receive resources and information to help you stay in touch with your child’s education – grades and homework online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (At Parent University we call that “24-7”) that will help you stay in touch with your child’s progress; a website with resources on parenting – ways to help support your children and their teachers academically and spiritually. We are all in this together! Proverbs 22:6 “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.”
- Attend special family nights- Chuck E Cheese, Chick Fil-A , Christ-Centered Life Store, and more. You can also build relationships with other parents – Parent University works because volunteering, fundraising, educating and supporting parents helps us “academically train and spiritually nurture students to become productive citizens in society and impact others for Jesus Christ.”
- We invite our moms out to Moms in Prayer on Tuesday mornings in the Children’s Center to pray together for our school at 8:15 am.
- We invite our dads and kids out to All Pro Dad breakfast once a quarter at 7:15 am in the Children’s Center Chapel. All Pro Dad dates for this year are 10/24, 12./5, 3/6 and 5/8. For more information, click here